11.07.2011

Lies, lies, and more lies...

 
When I said Small Works would return November 4,



I had the best of intentions.  I truly hoped for that to be the case.
But it turns out that I was a liar.  Because it is now November 7.

That's the first lie.  The second must be every St. George weather report I read for the month leading up to my escape from Minnesota. Because it's cold here.  It was 78 degrees the day before I arrived, but now we're breaking cold records right and left.  The people of St. George must be wondering what blew into town and how they can arrange to send it back.


 

I should have known you can run, 
but you can't hide. 



If you're a Minnesotan, Mother Nature is going to be gunnin' for you 
around the beginning of November.  



Luckily I've had plenty of distractions to help me deal with the optimistic packing that has left me under-dressed and over-cold.  Utahns specialize in fine baked goods, so I've been drowning my sorrows in all-things-delicious since about 5 minutes after I pulled into town.  Which is probably a good idea, because when I get back home around December 1, the extra layers I have put on here are going to help me deal with what's happened since I left there.

Of course, when I planned the trip (bringing my blades and my weights and 2 pair of running shoes) I was thinking that I'd have so much opportunity for outdoor exercise that I'd go home lean and mean and able to wear my skinny black jeans all the way to Christmas and beyond.  Looks like that's probably lie number 3.  Oh well.  You have to be flexible when you're traveling...plans change.


But it's Monday, and no laundry!  
Life is a little chilly, but good.



Oh. So. Good.

(Hope your Monday finds you well...wish you were here!)






  

5 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Missing you while you travel. We have snow atop our Sierras too. Ski Season opens early for the Lake Tahoe bunch !~! Delighted, I am sure.

Leenie said...

So sorry, Susan. It sounded like SUCH a good plan, too. I wouldn't call those lies--you just underestimated, miscalculated, or at the worst messed up. Lies sound so harsh.

You're right about one thing for certain. A Monday without a heap of icky laundry is always a Good Day.

Judy said...

Have a few guilt-free warm slices of Great Harvest pumpkin or apple bread for me. Just tell the calories they have to make it to California.

susan m hinckley said...

Thanks all -- hey, I haven't been to Great Harvest yet, but I hope you won't mind if I add a pink sugar cookie to that bread, Judy (and still send the calories to CA)

Leenie said...

Just don't send the calories to Idaho we have plenty. And we have several Great Harvest stores that send out an aroma worse than any siren song.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin