8.24.2011

Welcome Wednesday.

   
As you can imagine, 
there's been a lot of celebrating 
going on around here for the past 24 hours.

    



But as glad as I am to have been released from cast-hell, 
I am not entirely ungrateful for some aspects of the experience.





I'm referring to definitions two and three, of course -- we've already established that I don't draw well enough to have any grasp of definition one.  (And sadly, having a cast did not really help with that.)



It seems that sometimes getting a 
sudden magnification 
of one small aspect of life . . .
 



can help bring the rest into focus a little better.



Today I am genuinely happy because:

I have on pants with both a zipper and a button. 

I was able to push the garage door opener while simultaneously holding a case of diet coke.

I took a shower, including (but not limited to) washing my hair with both hands.


Short list, but it's enough.  
Not most days, mind you, but today.  




Which represents 
a welcome and 
appropriate adjustment 
to my perspective.



   




5 comments:

Leenie said...

Congrats on being released. Doing with out something we take for granted always seems to have a way of putting things into perspective.

Allie said...

So glad you're flying with both wings now, Susan!!!

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Good news, Susan. I thought of you this evening when I stood looking at my print of Contentment that you so generously gave away (to thankful me); great to be released from cast-purgatory. Nothing like a full shower to open one’s view of plenty

VO said...

Oooh, yikes! See what happens when I leave for a long time? I come back to see you've had surgery, was in a cast and are now healed!

Didn't you just hate that cast? I hated mine when I had elbow surgery. There were a lot of things I had to do differently (I'm right handed and it was my right elbow). Sure is a lesson in patience isn't it?

Glad you're using both hands/arms now. What freedom! And I'm really glad I'm back to reading my favorite blog.

Blogger said...

New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Concept to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 20 Pounds in Only 21 Days!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin