5.08.2011


I love this photo. 




I love that I can see my father in the mirror, taking the photo of the woman he loves and the flowers he undoubtedly sent as a reminder.  I love that my mother looks so young -- even younger than I can remember her, which somehow helps cement the notion we all have of our mothers as the load-bearing pillars of our world, architects of our existence.

Since she's been here for so long, 
surely she'll be here holding me up forever, right?


Happy Mother's Day, Joleen.
And all the other creators of our beautiful May world.
We love you.


We bear the world, and we make it . . . 
There was never a great man 
who had not a great mother -- 
it is hardly an exaggeration.

-- Olive Schreiner




 

5 comments:

Helen said...

This truly is a lovely photo, your father in the mirror is a special touch. Happy Day to you.

susan m hinckley said...

Same to you, Helen!

Allie said...

What a beautiful picture - your mum is gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day to both of you!

susan m hinckley said...

And to you and your mum as well, Allie!

Leenie said...

A beautiful photo and a treasure for you. A reminder of her spirit and her strength. You are blessed to have such a pillars in your foundation. No matter what happens that foundation lasts.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin