1.06.2010

Something New . . .


I'm trying hard to stay warm here on the tundra, 



although I have not yet resorted to 
sitting directly on the stove.
(I also have not ruled it out as an option.)  

But I believe we should talk about something other than the weather today, if only to take my own frozen mind elsewhere. 

I know . . . let's talk about  . . . 

Collages!  Yippee! 
(Or: So what.  Or:  It's about time.  Whatever way it makes you feel is okay -- but I didn't want to delay another moment because I've been blabbering about them for so  l-o-n-g, I feel sure everyone is on the verge of not caring whether they exist.)

All of the collages are hand-stitched using vintage fabrics and embellishments on watercolor paper.  The backgrounds are bits of magazine ads from the 1920's to 1950's.  The images that came from my photographer were washed-out in the background, so I darkened up the exposure a little so I could show them to you today while I'm waiting for him to perfect them.

So . . . drumroll . . .

Here are some of my favorite
"Conversation Pieces" from the first batch:


Ratio, 2009, 11" x 14"





Ms. Early, 2009, 11" x 14"





Wisdom, 2009, 11" x 14"





 Flight Song, 2009, 11" x 14"




Grow, 2009, 11" x 14"




Mind Flight, 2009, 11" x 14"





ARF., 2009, 11" x 14"






Mr. Right, 2009, 11" x 14"




Grow 2, 2009, 11" x 14"


There you have it, folks, in black and white . . . 

They'll be finding a permanent home in my Etsy Shop when I have my grand re-opening at the end of this month.  (There will also be prints on watercolor paper of some of my favorite embroideries, as well as original paintings.)

Enough to keep me busy (and indoors!) at least until the ground hog declares it safe to emerge from my hole.

Happy Wednesday!


 

7 comments:

Allie said...

FAB.U.LOUS. I think Arf is my favorite - I know where I'll be shopping for my birthday!

susan m hinckley said...

Thanks, Allie -- I'm delighted that you like them!

Judy said...

I love the "How to think, not what to think" one. I need that for my classes. I'm looking forward to your Grand Re-Opening!

luanne said...

Love your backgrounds... no wonder these were a hit at the show!

Looking forward to your etsy re-debut -- meanwhile, sending some virtual e-guacamole your way. (No, it's just not the same.)

abi said...

They look great Susan! =)

VO said...

ooooOOOO, I love them all.

Daryl said...

Excellent! Congratulations!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin