6.25.2009

You keep using that word . . . I do not think it means what you think it means.

Well, it's Friday and since I'm still rather occupied with running the Hinckleyville garage sale, I invited someone new from my neighborhood to drop by and tell you about my favorite customer so far -- a sort of garage-sale-version of "Overheard at the Show":



It is, without question, the African gentleman who stopped by to explain that God led him to my sale because he's starting a ministry and we have exactly what he needs.


I was pleased to help out, selling him a like-new 4-input amplifier with microphone and speakers for 5 dollars below the asking price -- which was already a steal!

But I was less pleased when he actually stole a pair of sunglasses.

I guess I don't really understand the term "starting a ministry".

At least there was another shopper in the garage at the time who witnessed it all and we shared a good laugh. And a good laugh is definitely worth the 25 cents the theft cost me.

But I'd kinda like my 5 dollars, please.

4 comments:

Allie said...

*gasp* NO WAY!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I'm busting a gut here. I guess it takes ALL kinds....

VO said...

The sunglasses are to better shade his shifty eyes next time.

Jake and Chelsea said...

hahahha!!! i am so glad the amp went to someone truly worthy...wait...he stole sunglasses??

actually, to be honest, that kind of makes him a little more worthy of that amp. at least he'll look super stylish whilst imploring his congregation to remember the commandment, "thou shalt not steal".

susan m hinckley said...

I can't imagine what he'd get away with if his shifty eyes were concealed . . . if your pastor wears sunglasses to preach, be very suspicious.

And I have children who use words like "whilst?" My child-rearing ain't been in vain for nothin'! The rewards of motherhood are vast.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin